X-windows on the Macintosh?

Marcus Louie marcus at wdl1.UUCP
Wed May 25 07:42:54 AEST 1988

Thanks for all who replied to my question.  Here is a summary of the

Steve Peters of Apple Computer wrote to me saying that he is implementing
XV11R2 for A/UX that is due to be released late this summer.

White Pine Software, Inc. (94 Route 101A, P.O. Box 1108, Amherst, NH 03031,
603-886-9050) is developing an X11 implementation running under MacOS with
a Decnet communications driver.  A beta-version is due out in mid-summer.
Also, there is suppose to be a write-up on this in the April issue of
Macintosh Today (but I haven't been able to get a copy yet).

Finally, someone said that UC Berkeley was working on a X10.4 version
for the Macintosh.  No other information was given.

That's it.  Thanks again.

Marcus Louie
Ford Aerospace Corporation

marcus at ford-wdl1.ARPA