X Windows and terminfo

James J Dempsey jjd at bbn.com
Sat Oct 29 08:29:50 AEST 1988

I just managed to bring up X Windows (X11R3) on my A/UX Mac II.
Everything seems to work pretty well but I have a problem.

(Actually I have two problems.  All my non-local windows keep
disappearing whenever the "Recieve overflow" ethernet problem occurs
which is several times an hour! What a pain. Please work on this!)

What I would like to ask for help about is terminfo.  The X people
were kind enough to include termcap and terminfo descriptions of the
terminal type "xterm" with X11R3.  Unfortunately, in order to install
the terminfo description I need to use tic(1M).  Tic seems to require
the original terminfo.src file which doesn't seem to be included in
the A/UX 1.0 distribution.  Is there anyway for me to install my
terminfo description of xterm without the terminfo.src file?

I knew I should have compiled rn to use termcap instead of terminfo.

		--Jim Dempsey--
		BBN Communications
		jjd at bbn.com (ARPA Internet)
                ..!{decvax, harvard, wjh12, linus}!bbn!jjd