copying A/UX

Marc T. Kaufman kaufman at polya.Stanford.EDU
Tue Oct 11 10:06:21 AEST 1988

In article <13935 at mimsy.UUCP> magorian at brillig.umd.edu.UUCP (Dan Magorian) writes:
->I am trying to copy aux on to a larger capacity drive.  The problem comes when
->I have to copy /dev.  Here is what I already tried..
->	1.  cp -r	-wont copy /dev and changes owners to root.
->	2.  tar		-wont copy /dev. and makes directory permissions
->				rwxrwxrwx.(all kinds of errors)
->	3.  cpio	-same as tar.
->	4.  dumpfs is not on aux anymore so....
->Any help?

Assuming that the file system on the larger drive is mounted on /mnt   :

	find /dev -depth -print | cpio -pdm /mnt

works properly (when invoked from /).

Marc Kaufman (kaufman at polya.stanford.edu)