problems with ethernet interface

Alex Nghiem nghiem at ut-emx.UUCP
Thu Oct 6 15:56:39 AEST 1988

In article <12275 at steinmetz.ge.com>, dixon at control.steinmetz (walt dixon) writes:
> We too have experienced this problem.  I've talked to several people at
> Apple including A/UX support who could not believe that things like this
> really happen. (Welcome to the real world).  This problem has cost Apple

I believe I read a Computer World article that mentioned that
Apple's Ethernet board is manufactured by 3 com and was temporarily
was withdrawn from the market because of bugs. I don't know if the
board in question is related to this problem, but it might be
worth investigation. I read the article sometime this summer.
A corrected board should have been introduced by now.