./etc/APPLE. No Free Software for Mac users.

Michael T Sullivan sullivan at vsi.UUCP
Thu Sep 29 06:17:18 AEST 1988

In article <10152 at dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>, earleh at eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Earle R. Horton)
posts from GNU stuff:
> Some of you may be considering using, buying, or recommending Macintoshes;
> you might even be writing programs for them or thinking about it.  Please
> think twice and look for an alternative.  Doing those things means more
> success for Apple, and this could encourage Apple to persist in its
> aggression.  It also encourages other companies to try similar
> obstructionism.
>
> [It is because of this boycott that we don't include support for Macontosh
> Unix in GNU software.]

Yeah, Apple sure is the evil empire.  I think if GNU boycotts all companies
that sue others, GNU will be GNP--Gnu's Not Ported.  Come on.  Is this
lawsuit so much more evil than others that get filed all the time?
Does Apple deserve a "boycott" any more than those companies?  I guess by
"alternative" you mean IBM products?  I like this thinking :-|.

> But an Apple monopoly
> could easily make the price of such computers at that time several times
> what it would otherwise be.

What Apple monopoly?  You mean the monopoly on Apple computers?  They've
had that all along.  Now that they've filed a lawsuit they're a monopoly?!
Wake up, wildebeests.

--
Michael Sullivan				{uunet|attmail}!vsi!sullivan
V-Systems, Inc. Santa Ana, CA			sullivan at vsi.com
Just say to yourself over and over, "President Quayle". I can't do more than 2.