sending postscript file to laserwriter

Fred Fish fnf at fishpond.UUCP
Mon Sep 5 05:30:35 AEST 1988

I have a question that so far I have not been able to find an answer to
in either the A/UX documentation or the normal MacOS documentation shipped
with the Mac-II.  I have a LaserWriter II on order, but so far it has not
shown up, so I can't consult the LaserWriter docs.

What I would like to do is to format a document on A/UX, using troff
and psdit, to produce a postscript file.  I would like to then transfer
the file to a MacOS disk (I know how to deal with this) and take the
disk to a local print shop that has Mac's with LaserWriters, and get
the postscript file printed.  However, the print shop's Macs are all
running MacOS and nobody there seems to know how to simply dump a
postscript file to the printer.  Could someone please post the steps
necessary to get the postscript file printed?  Thanks!

-Fred
--
# Fred Fish, 1346 West 10th Place, Tempe, AZ 85281,  USA
# noao!nud!fishpond!fnf                   (602) 921-1113