A/UX 1.1 hangs in multiuser mode

Herb Barad barad at rampart.ee.tulane.edu
Mon Apr 24 23:57:34 AEST 1989

I've just installed version 1.1.  I've done this before on another Mac
with no problems.  This time, when I enter multiuser mode, I hang.
That is, when I login as root and give a password, it just sits there.
I must have forgotten something...  I can't even remote login to
shutdown the machine.  I have to reboot via the interrupt switch (not
a nice thing to do to unix).

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I'm running NFS and YP.  I have no
problems in single user mode, but when I type "init 2" I end up with
this problem.

Another weird point: when I boot up, it confuses a carraige return for
a line feed.  That is, if when it ask for TERM I hit the return, it
thinks it's just a ^M and not a return.  I need to hit ^J to have the
right effect.  Maybe these are related???

--
Herb Barad	[Signal & Image Processing Laboratory]
		[Electrical Engineering Dept. - Tulane Univ.]
INTERNET:	barad at ee.tulane.edu
USENET:		barad at bourbon.uucp