Preformance of A/UX 1.1

Mark A. Verber verber at pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu
Sun Apr 16 01:55:16 AEST 1989

I have been told that A/UX version 1.1 has reasonable disk preformance.
I played with A/UX 1.0 for a while, but decided the preformance was
just not reasonable enough to get real work done.  I gather the SCSI
driver was re-written.

I am curious if anyone has tried to really benchmark disk (in
particular) and general preformance on A/UX.  I woule be really
interested in comparing A/UX 1.0 vs A/UX 1.1, vs Sun 3/60 with a
local disk.

I am also interest in any infomation about cost, preformance, etc. of
some of the new fast scsi cards for MacIIs.

Mark A. Verber				  Physics Department
verber at mps.ohio-state.edu		  Ohio State University
					  174 West 18th Avenue
614-292-8002				  Columbus,  OH 43210

   There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and
   BSD UNIX.  We don't believe this to be a coincidence.