Apple Talk/NCSA Telnet

Scott Chou schou at faline.bellcore.com
Thu Apr 6 03:43:53 AEST 1989

I have a pretty basic question that needs to be answered before I
buy an AUX setup.  We have an Apple Talk network with many users on
it.  If I plug in an A/UX site to this net, will all the users be
able to get a logon prompt?  Simultaneously?

Specifically, can they all communicate with the A/UX machine with
NCSA Telnet?

Certainly all of this is conceivable but is the support to do it
already packaged with A/UX?

Taking this a step further, can I plug in several A/UX machines
onto the same Apple Talk network?  That is, can all of the users
still communicate with either machine simultaneously?

Am I assuming too much that TCP/IP comes with A/UX?

Thanks,
--
     *Scott Chou				Disclaimer:  Bellcore
    * 445 South Street MRE 2L-270		washes its hands of
  *   Morristown, NJ  07960-1910   Internet: schou at faline.bellcore.com