A/UX 1.1 hangs in multiuser mode

Herb Barad barad at bourbon.ee.tulane.edu
Sun Apr 30 08:11:46 AEST 1989

Well, I guess I answered my own question - happens now and again.
Although I'm not sure why, it turns out that this machine needs ypserv
running if ypbind is to run.  This doesn't make sense since this
machine is NOT a YP server, just a YP client.  Anyway, as long as both
were enabled or both disabled, everything worked ok.  This didn't
happen on another A/UX system I installed, just this one that uses a
Sun 3/280 as its YP server.  The one that worked without ypserv used
another A/UX machine as YP server.

Any ideas to explain this?

--
Herb Barad	[Signal & Image Processing Laboratory]
		[Electrical Engineering Dept. - Tulane Univ.]
INTERNET:	barad at ee.tulane.edu
USENET:		barad at bourbon.uucp