Long file names support on A/UX 1.1?

a.e.mossberg aem at ibiza.cs.miami.edu
Sat Jul 22 05:35:20 AEST 1989

dlw at hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David L. Williams) writes:
>I noticed that the filenames for gcc and emacs were >14 characters on
>apple.com, and just as large when untarring the files on my system.

>Is there a way to turn long filenames on for A/UX 1.1 or is this just
>because Apple is storing there stuff up on a BSD machine (a vax I assume).

>I'd much prefer long file names as I'm used to this nice feature on HP-UX.

Apple.Com is a Vax. There is no option for longer names under A/UX, this
is System V-ish, remember.  Maybe someone from Apple could explain why
they would build A/UX on the crap that is System V instead of on BSD?

aem
a.e.mossberg - aem at mthvax.cs.miami.edu/aem at umiami.BITNET - Pahayokee Bioregion
The life of money-making is one undertaken under compulsion, and wealth is
evidently not the good we are seeking, for it is merely useful for the sake
of something else.					- Aristotle