GNU gcc on Apple AUX 1.1

root root at advsln.UUCP
Mon Jul 24 15:21:01 AEST 1989

I am attempting to build the GNU gcc on a MAC IIx running AUX1.1.

I have run the config.gcc with the isi68 argument.

In addition, I have modified the makefile to pull in libPW.a and to be build
with -DUSG as part of the CFLAGS.

Everything seems to proceed fine until the make process has to actually run one
of the executables built and it dies.  The line that fails is :

./genflags md > tmp-insn-flags.h

and the error is :

sh: {pid} Memory fault - core dumped.

The adb stack trace is :
main+0xC8:    read_rtx()
_start+0x2A:  main   ()

Has anyone out there build the GNU gcc compiler on AUX and is there some hints
that can be passed along.  I seem to be roadblocked on this problem.

Thanks,

Bob