hfx nonfunctioning on a non-Apple drive.

Charles Neil chn at alpha.lanl.gov
Fri Jul 14 01:36:16 AEST 1989

I have A/UX 1.1 running on a MicroNet SB330 drive,
SCSI address 6.  I cloned the standard 80SC partition
map portion containing the root&usr and eschatology
partitions.  Now hfx has (at least) the following two
problems:

1.  No files are visible on the A/UX side.
Consequently, although files can successfully
be copied from Mac to A/UX, they can't be launched
removed, etc., from hfx.  Also one can't move around
the A/UX file system from within hfx.

2.  When trying to copy a folder containing other folders
from the Mac side, hfx runs into a segmentation fault one
level down in the hierarchy.

I'm suspicious that hfx can't understand the partition map.
Any guesses as to what could be wrong would be appreciated.
--

Charlie Neil (chn at lanl.gov)
Los Alamos National Laboratory (505) 665-0978