Anyone get "NoNews" to run under A/UX?

Steve Lemke steve at cpdaux.UUCP
Fri Jul 14 16:37:01 AEST 1989

I just recently tried to get the most recent release of NoNews (3 ?) to
work on my Mac II running A/UX v1.1, but was unsuccessful.  Actually, the
whole thing compiled ok, but when I tried to "makedb" it crashed a horrible
crash (messing up windows on the screen temporarily).  I think it said
something about a fatal error (it wasn't kidding).  Anyway, I was tired and
frustrated at the time (after spending several hours only to get it to
crash), so I threw it all away (I do still have the two configuration
files that I modified: config.h and s-usg3-1.h).

If anyone has any ideas on getting this to work, or (ideally) if you already
have it running, I'd like to hear from you.

--
----- Steve Lemke ------------------- "MS-DOS (OS/2, etc.) - just say no!"
----- Internet: cpdaux!steve at apple.com                GEnie:  LEMKE