Apple 40SC

Steve Green steveg at tove.umd.edu
Sun Jul 30 16:27:09 AEST 1989

oops, in typing this message, it occured to me that I may have posted some wrong
in a previous post (about the tape Bup) and if this message seems to be in
conflict with my other, use this one.  To use the 40 Bup SC.
Method 1.
	tar cf - {files} | tcb > /dev/rmt/tc? <- your scsi id here.
this method is faster but assumes that your files will fit on one tape.  If you
want to archive more than one tape of stuff, you can specifiy 8k blocks with tar
but it is much slower.
	tar cfvbB /dev/rmt/tc? 16 76700 {files}
The number 76700 is the number of 512 byte blocks on a tape.  This number I have
slightly smaller than the size of the tape because not all of my tapes have the
same capacity.  mt status will tell you the capicity of a tape and you can
calculate the number for your tapes.

						steveg at tove.umd.edu