Tape Backup Problems a/ux 1.0 - 1.1

Donn S. Fishbein donn at radar.UUCP
Sun Jul 2 02:21:24 AEST 1989

wmd at tippy.uucp writes:
>To back up the system on tape I boot the Mac OS and use the newest version
>of Tape Backup.  Problem is that upon booting, the 300 meg drive does not
>appear on the desktop (presumably because it has no Mac partition).  That
>in turn, prevents Tape Backup from recognizing its existance, therefore
>it doesn't display its partitions as being available for backup.

I agree that Tape Backup 2.0 is pretty inflexible. Probably your best bet
is to upgrade to A/UX 1.1, which supports the Apple tape unit directly.
You need to reconfigure the kernel as explained on the "tc" manual page,
and then you can access the unit from A/UX, using tar, cpio or whatever
to directly back up A/UX partitions. I realize this doesn't answer your
question directly but it may solve your problem.
--
Donn S. Fishbein, MD, PhD        ..killer!radar!donn