More emacs troubles

Gabe M Wiener gmw1 at CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed May 17 06:28:00 AEST 1989

Hello again folks!  In my continuing attempts to get emacs installed into my
A/UX 1.1 configuration, I've encountered more problems.

My system did not come with emacs already in place, so I downloaded the gnu
18.49 distribution of it.   Several sympathetic netlanders sent me info on
compiling it, as well as the files config.h, m-mac2.h, and s-oreo.h, none of
which were in the original 18.49 distribution. I was also given a new version
of build-install, which is a bit shorter than the old one.  Apparently the one
I was given come from the original Apple distribution

With those files in place, I began by executing build-install.  It ran for
a while, and then it stopped.  Here's what happened.

During the compilation of loadst.c, I received two errors.  "stderr undefined"
at line 124, and "stdout undefined" at line 217.

Can anyone tell me --

	Is there something I didn't do?  or did wrong?
	Am I missing yet another file?
	Do I have to define a parameter somewhere to get these
		definitions to work?

Thanks!

Gabe Wiener -- Columbia University   \****/ "It doesn't matter how sincere it
				      \**/   is, nor how heart-felt the spirit.
INTERNET: gmw1 at cunixd.cc.columbia.edu  \/    Sentiment will not endear it.
BITNET:   gmw1 at cunixc                  /\    What's important is the price."
COMPUSERVE: 72355,1226                /**\   		- Tom Lehrer
WUI: 650-117-9118                    /****\                  on gift giving