Future direction of A/UX?

Steve Dyer dyer at spdcc.COM
Sat May 27 08:50:35 AEST 1989

In article <2094 at ccnysci.UUCP> alexis at ccnysci.UUCP (Alexis Rosen) writes:
>2) When is the porting base going to be moved to SVR3? There are some very
>    significant problems with SVR2, in particular with serial line control
>    and modems. These problems are apparently fixed in R3.

There may be a lot of good reasons to switch from Vr2 to Vr3 (pardon me
if they escape me right now), but this isn't one of them.  If it wasn't
obvious, the low-level device drivers for the Mac II aren't provided by
AT&T, and anyway, anything not working in A/UX should be able to be fixed
without an upgrade to Vr3.  I would suspect that any problem with serial
lines is a peculiarity of the Unisoft/Apple implementation.

--
Steve Dyer
dyer at ursa-major.spdcc.com aka {ima,harvard,rayssd,linus,m2c}!spdcc!dyer
dyer at arktouros.mit.edu