A/UX with third-party drive?

Barry Shein bzs at bu-cs.BU.EDU
Fri May 5 06:34:39 AEST 1989

I'm getting conflicting opinions on this so I'm looking to hear from
someone who's actually witnessed this:

We have a Mac-II (5MB) with an 80MB Jasmine drive and we're thinking
of buying an Apple cartridge tape and A/UX (and the PMMU, etc.) Can
this be done? Or is the drive going to be a problem? How about other
third-party drives you've seen work?

Also, if anyone knows of a good third-party cartridge tape which would
work for this set-up I'd be interested in hearing about it.
--

	-Barry Shein, Software Tool & Die

There's nothing more terrifying to hardware vendors than
satisfied customers.