GNU stuff on the mac

Richard Michael Todd rmtodd at uokmax.UUCP
Sat May 27 04:28:19 AEST 1989

In article <2072 at internal.Apple.COM> dwb at sticks.apple.com (David W. Berry) writes:
>	If you're looking for gcc support for aux 1.1, you can get
>the necessary changes via anonymous ftp from apple.com.  The same
>changes should work for 1.0 but your mileage may vary.

I tried compiling it under 1.0 last night using the A/UX C compiler.  Didn't
work.  Can you say "too many #defines"?  Yep, this version overflows the
stupid small-size buffers in cpp just like the 1.34 version I've been messing
with for the past month.  Since evidently David Berry got the thing to compile
on his system, without even having to specify -B/usr/lib/big/, presumably this
stupid buffer size business was fixed in 1.1.  So where's my update disks? :-)
--
Richard Todd	Fido:1:147/1     USSnail:820 Annie Court,Norman OK 73069
Try one of these: rmtodd at chinet.chi.il.us, rmtodd at killer.dallas.tx.us,