That EMACS article

Ron Flax ron at afsg.Apple.COM
Sat May 13 11:52:53 AEST 1989

In article <1104 at stech.UUCP> jlh at stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) writes:
>in article <8905110131.AA26277 at cunixd.cc.columbia.edu>, gmw1 at CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU (Gabe M Wiener) says:
>>
>> It talked about how there were several errors in the source code, and it gave
>> the fixes for them.
>
>It's in the May issue of MacUser, page 234.
>
>However, I have A/UX 1.1 and emacs isn't there! Would somebody else with 1.1
>let me know if they have it?

That's right! A/UX 1.1 is no longer distributed with the PD sources
that were in 1.0.  Apple got too many complaints about no free space on
the disk and constantly had to suggest to customers that they remove
the sources to regain some free space.

Keep in mind that *all* of the code that was present on 1.0 is
available on the Internet.  If you are on the Internet, you can simply
grab GnuMacs from MIT or UUNET and build it on A/UX 1.1. To make it
easier, I have a set of diffs for emacs-18.52 that I would be willing
to post with the following disclaimer "IT IS NOT AN APPLE SUPPORTED
PRODUCT AND THEREFORE IS PROVIDED AS-IS".

--
Ron Flax
UUCP:		..!uunet!afsg!ron
Internet:	ron at afsg.apple.com
Apple Federal Systems Group, Complex Systems