A/UX in general

Phil Ronzone phil at Apple.COM
Tue May 23 03:40:27 AEST 1989

In article <580 at lychee.cs.utexas.edu> cmkuo at cs.utexas.edu (Chin-Ming Kuo) writes:
>I'm about to get 4M ram for my SE/30. Being a UNIX person, I've always
>wanted to have a personal unix box. So I will appreciate any info
>regarding A/UX in general, and some specific questions:
>
>1.  I know A/UX works on SE/30. How about X window? If the problem is
>with the screen size, any idea which 3rd party big screen/video card
>is compatible with A/UX?

A/UX relies on the toolbox to deal with 3rd party cards and doesn't
really know about the video card. So, they all should work.

>2. Does A/UX support the Mac serial line? If so, can I assume it's the
>same procedure to hook up modem as for any UNIX machines.

Yes. Yes.

>3. What's the current status of Mac OS support? I know you can run
>well-behaved Mac applications within A/UX, how about interface
>between mac applications and A/UX such as cut and paste.

No cut and paste -- i.e., vi doesn't have the faintest idea of what cut
and paste is.

But, when running term, you can cut and paste text.
|Philip K. Ronzone, Apple Computer, 10440 Bubb Rd, MS 58A, Cupertino, CA 95014|
|{amdahl,decwrl,sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual,unisoft,...}!apple!phil             |