Future direction of A/UX?

Rolfe Tessem rolfe at w3vh.UU.NET
Sun May 21 00:31:05 AEST 1989

In article <30843 at apple.Apple.COM> phil at Apple.COM (Phil Ronzone) writes:

>TELL US WHAT YOU NEED. WE LISTEN. O.K., we don't have infinite manpower and
>could do it all, but we listen.

OK, a very simple request, and one I made several months ago.  Just post a
list of MacOS software that runs under A/UX 1.1.  After all, the major
selling point of A/UX is it's ability to access the Toolbox and therefore run
MacOS applications.  The unwillingness to reveal what applications run on
your hardware *does* boggle the mind and lends credence to several of the
assertions that John Gilmore makes.

FYI, I just bought two more 030 Apple machines this week from the largest
Apple dealer in Manhattan.  As far as can be determined, they have never
heard of A/UX.  I would *like* to get a machine at my company up and running
under A/UX, if only as a mail and news gateway, but I'm sure not going to
do it without some information.

Rolfe Tessem
Lucky Duck Productions
New York City
--
UUCP:         uunet!w3vh!rolfe 			| Rolfe Tessem
INTERNET:     rolfe at w3vh.uu.net			| P.O. Box 793