A/UX & the Device Manager

RAKES,RICHARD B rr5 at prism.gatech.EDU
Sat May 27 00:06:05 AEST 1989

In article <1856 at hub.ucsb.edu> lemke at banana.ucsb.edu (Steve C. Lemke) writes:

>What exactly is involved in getting DAs to work under A/UX?  I booted my Mac
>OS drive, ran Font/DA Mover (System 6.0.3), and moved a few DAs into the
>System file on the SASH partition.  The DAs I tried were Message (the cute
>scrolling message DA) and McSink (text editor DA).  Neither one even shows
>up when I boot A/UX and am running Term...  (This is with A/UX 1.1)  Any ideas?

Your problem is that the System file on the MAC-OS partition is NOT the one
used by A/UX.  You must "launch" Font/DA mover in your A/UX environment.
If it is not already there, then you need to use hfx to move it over.
Here is a small list of some of the DA's that do work (I think about 75% of
the ones I have tried do):

SigmaEdit
Alarm Clock
ASCII-DA II
Calculator
Control Panel
DeskPaint
Executive Decision Maker
Klutz
MaCube
Note Pad II v2.1  (Note that the Apple NotePad does NOT work.)
Puzzle
SciCalc
SmartScrap

--
RAKES,RICHARD B
uucp:     ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!rr5
Internet: rr5 at prism.gatech.edu