X windows questions (Really: Begging for help)

Huw Davies - La Trobe University Computer Centre CCHD at latvax8.lat.oz
Mon Nov 20 21:27:21 AEST 1989

I have just installed X windows on my A/UX system. It's wonderful but...

As the Mac mouse has only one button, Apple have configured the cursor
keys as mouse buttons and control and meta. This is OK for most
applications, but running xterm and connecting to either Unix or
VMS hosts and then trying to do things (like editing) is impossible.
>From a quick read of the manual, I should be able to reconfigure the
keys, but how? Can I just reconfigure it for xterm or does it have
to be for all of X windows? Is a three button mouse supported?

These and other questions may be answered in the next episode
of `Windows of our Lives'...

Huw Davies,
Computer Centre,
La Trobe University,
Bundoora,
Victoria 3083, Australia

Phone:  (03) 479-1500 International: +61 3 479-1500
ACSnet: cchd at latvax8.lat.oz
BITnet:	cchd at latvax8.lat.oz
ARPA:	cchd%latvax8.lat.oz at uunet.uu.net or
	cchd at latvax8.lat.oz.au on sites with latest nameservers
UUCP:	...!{uunet,mcvax,ukc}!munnari!latvax8.lat.oz!cchd