panic: do_bio: write count < 0

Drew Corrigan drew at anucsd.oz
Fri Sep 29 10:31:15 AEST 1989

in article <4374 at emory.mathcs.emory.edu>, km at mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg)
says:

> There is an NFS bug in A/UX 1.1 that causes a panic
> [...]
> Unisoft Pascal Users: The work around is to use a symbolic
>        link to prelink the .s file onto /tmp and avoid the
>        problem. We have a front end shell script to do this
>        if anyone needs it.

Thanks for posting this.  This bug has caused us real headaches here while
trying to port the functional language `ml' (which is partially written in
Pascal) to A/UX.  Knowing the cause and a suitable work-around will help us
greatly.

If you could mail/post the shell script it would be further appreciated.

I agree that Apple ought to publish a known bug list for A/UX.  It is a most
frustrating exercise to track down Pascal syntax errors through machine
crashes! It would be nice to be alerted to other potential problem areas.

Drew Corrigan.
--
Drew Corrigan
Department of Computer Science, Australian National University.