Floating Point Info

Mike Shaff shaff at elements.rpal.com
Fri Aug 3 01:58:45 AEST 1990

ciao,

The first time I posted this message I incorrectly did a follow-up on the Emacs
installation thread.  Apologies to those who will see this twice.

I am looking for some information on floating point implementation for A/UX 2.
Specifically, the number of mantissa bits in a floating point number, the
floating point exponent size, and the maximum floating point exponent.

The numbers I have (garnered from /usr/include/sys/fp.h) are:

	FRACSIZE 23
	EXPSIZE 8
	MAXEXP 255

Can anyone confirm or deny these numbers as being the numbers I am seeking?

--
	mas