CommandShell terminal emulation

William Roberts liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Wed Aug 1 04:08:05 AEST 1990

Please can someone at Apple post a detailed list of the Escape sequences
supported by the A/UX 2.0 CommandShell terminal emulator?

The manual page says "look at the termcap entry" and the termcap
entry is very very sparse: even real vt100s support ESC [ P for
character deletion....

I'm trying to adapt our local (hard-wired) editor and I really do
need to know what CommandShell can and can't do. It seems to be even
less capable than the normal console emulation and certainly no where
near the (somewhat buggy) functionality of the "term" emulation under
A/UX 1.1.

Plea for the future: could we have CommandShell using the Comms Toolbox
mechanism so that terminal emulations can be "plugged in" as necessary.
I'd also like an escape sequence (perhaps similar to keypad mode) which
turns on full keystation information, i.e. keydown and keyup for every key
on the keyboard - there are problems with avoid ^S and ^Q and perhaps a
few others, but this would at least let us use the full keyboard.

William Roberts                 ARPA: liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Queen Mary & Westfield College  UUCP: liam at qmw-cs.UUCP
Mile End Road                   AppleLink: UK0087
LONDON, E1 4NS, UK              Tel:  071-975 5250 (Fax: 081-980 6533)