A/UX 3rd party product list

Wally Wedel wwedel at uswest.com
Fri Aug 24 04:36:12 AEST 1990

>What's wrong with compressed cpio or tar archives whose textual material
is
>formatted per [nt]roff or TeX standards so that ANYONE can read and/or
process
>the material using the commonly available and/or "free" tools which
accompany
>one's system(s)?

What's wrong is that if someone has chosen to use the features available
in Word or MacWrite to enhance the presentation, these features get lost
in the translation to troff unless some agreed standards for conversion
are put in place.  I'd a lot rather have the original form documents with
all of the presentation features which the writer put in place.   When,
and if, we get to the point where we have an agreed mapping between troff
and RTF (or whatever) then conversion would be OK.
---
Wally Wedel
U S WEST Advanced Technologies
6200 S. Quebec, Ste. 420