My misinformaiton on Layout. and $HOME copied to /, not really

John R. Galloway Jr. jrg at Apple.COM
Fri Aug 3 19:03:48 AEST 1990

In article <43497 at apple.Apple.COM>, jrg at Apple.COM (I) wrote:
[concerning the use of Layout 1.9 under A/uX]
>I just tried it and it sort of works.  e.g. the placement stuff seems fine, but

This is bogus.  I am not sure how I managed to fool myself (I would say I was
editing the MacOS Finder, not the A/UX Finder, except that the layout policies
of A/UX DID change).  Anyway as was pointed out along the way by chuq at apple.com
you can not use Layout to edit if you are using the Multifinder (as is A/UX) so
you must make a copy of the Finder, edit that (Layout gives you this option when
it complains that the finder is busy), then log out (not reboot) log in under
console emulator mode and rename.  Sorry for the misinformation.

Note also in a recent posting someone mentioned that the user ($HOME) is
apperently moved to the root.  The operative word here is "apperently" since
unix shows all to be in its proper place and this is seen only via mac
programs (though it does seem a bit confusing).
	-jrg
--
internet   jrg at galloway.sj.ca.us  John R. Galloway, Jr.
applelink  d3413                  CEO..receptionist         795 Beaver Creek Way