MacX complaint - NO Imake!!!

Peter Espen espen at well.sf.ca.us
Fri Aug 31 01:46:42 AEST 1990

I have discovered that the MacX package does not come with
the Imake program and configuation files.

I am not sure I can understand why Apple would supply
the X11R4 libraries and all the necessary  header files that
make generating X11R4 applications possible and then not include
the Imake program with the distribution of MacX.  ALL SOURCE that
is distributed in the X11R4 sources comes with Imakefiles for
building the X applications.  It is Imake that makes building
applications possible on a variety of platforms (including a Mac
running X-windows under A/UX).  Not providing Imake with the MacX
package is like giving someone a locker, but making them find the
combination on their own.

Can someone at Apple provide the Imake program and
configuration files for A/UX availble on the A/UX support
system so we can UUCP it to our systems?  If that's not
possible, maybe just an explanation on the net as to why
the Imake stuff is not included in the MacX distribution.

Peter Espen
espen at well