Help with SysQuest drive.

unger at cdp.UUCP unger at cdp.UUCP
Thu Aug 9 02:02:00 AEST 1990

Hello.

I am trying to use a PLI manufactured SysQuest removable cartradge drive
with A/UX 2.0.  I use Silver Lining to partition the drive with one
A/UX partition.  Then, in A/UX I run dp on the disk to verify
that it has been partitioned correctly and that A/UX can read the disk.
Unfortunatly, it can't.  The error messages I get change from try to try
but most often the message says that the disk returned more data than
was expected.  Once, no error occured and dp was able to read and display
the partition map.  The map was correct.

So I called Apple Tech support.  They said the problem was with the driver
and that there was a patch that would fix it.  They thought the patch was
called sisi-fix-error-page and was available on sumex.stanford.edu.  I looked
arround be was unable to find it.

Can any one help me with this?  I need the disk to do backups and archive
source.

Tom Unger
MITEM
cdp!unger