Device Drivers kit for A/UX 2.0 ?

Kristopher L. Tyra ktyra at ivc
Thu Aug 30 05:03:06 AEST 1990

In article <9337 at goofy.Apple.COM> rickf at Apple.COM (Rick Fleischman) writes:
>In article <1990Jul20.184713.18230 at noao.edu> tody at noao.edu (Doug Tody  CCS) writes:
>>I just called APDA to see if there is a device drivers kit available for
>>A/UX 2.0, and was told that they didn't have it and it probably wouldn't
>>be available until the fall.  Can anyone tell me if there is a device
>>drivers kit or anything comparable available for 2.0 now, or if not, when
>>something will be available?  Would the old 1.1 drivers kit still be
>>useful?   Thanks.
>>
>>--
>>Doug Tody, National Optical Astronomy Observatories, Tucson AZ, 602-325-9217
>>UUCP: {arizona,decvax,ncar}!noao!tody  or  uunet!noao.edu!tody
>>Internet: tody at noao.edu             SPAN/HEPNET: NOAO::TODY (NOAO=5355)
>
>There is no A/UX Device Drivers Kit for A/UX 2.0 currently available.  There
>is a version being prepared for release in approximately the next month
>or so.  Unfortunately, the release has not yet been finalized, so I can't
>provide a more specific date.
>
>Try calling APDA again in a month or so and check again on availability.  If
>it is still not available at that point, send me an e-mail and I will provide
>another update.
>
>Rick Fleischman
>Developer Programs/APDA
>Apple Computer, Inc.
>e-mail: rickf at apple.com
>AppleLink: FLEISCHMAN at applelink.apple.com

There are other ways to obtain A/UX 2.0 Device Driver Tool Kits.
IVC (Intelligent Visual Computing, Inc.) will soon be anouncing an object
oriented Device Driver Tool Kit for A/UX 2.0.  This toolkit corrects many
of the problems found in the A/UX 1.1 Generic Driver.  The interface is
designed for 'C' but IVC will be developing for C++ and Eiffel in due time.

Currently IVC has dragged out the release of this product due to lack of
interest in the market.  Anyone interested in this product may send email
to info%ivc.com at uunet.uu.net or call (800) 776-2810.

Furthermore, IVC has been developing A/UX device drivers since the early
stages of A/UX 1.0.  If you have special needs please give us a call.

					Kristopher L. Tyra
					Intelligent Visual Computing
					ktyra%ivc.com at uunet.uu.net
					(800) 776-2810