Another Question

Smile when you say that chuq at Apple.COM
Wed Aug 1 14:39:53 AEST 1990

liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk (William Roberts) writes:
>A/UX Startup needs to work from your MacPartition System Folder, but
>you can otherwise change it however you want to. Once you have booted
>A/UX the system folder in the Mac Partition is ignored.

Actually, not true. I boot from my internal and then use A/UX startup to
bring up A/UX on my external. There's a MacOS partition over there, but I
only boot it when I can't keep my system heap under 1 megabyte (which is
most of the time now), which causes A/UX Startup to not want to boot because
it requires a specific location in memory.

>Layout 1.9 - no idea. Try it.

Nope. Layout requires you to be in finder. A/UX is multifinder.

--
Chuq Von Rospach   <+>   chuq at apple.com   <+>   [This is myself speaking]

We tend to idealize tolerance, then wonder why we find ourselves infested
with losers and nut cases -- Patrick Nielsen Hayden