CD rom

Justin Walker justin at Apple.COM
Wed Aug 8 06:12:39 AEST 1990

In article <AUXPOST%90080708395577 at PUCC.BITNET> MATLEVAN at EKU.BITNET (Jerry LeVan) writes:
>Could somebody explain to me how CD Rom readers are used in A/UX 2.0.
>ie is it necessary to use the apple drive or can the toshiba (for example)
>be used. Is it necessary to have an A/UX driver or is a Mac driver all
>that is needed. (toshiba does not have an A/UX driver). Is it possible to
>install A/UX with a "foreign" CDRom machine?
	To use an Apple CD ROM drive, you need to install the CD ROM init in
	the system folder of the MacOS boot drive; this provides information
	needed by A/UX regarding the devices present on the SCSI.  If this
	file is in the (and) A/UX system folder, it does no good at all, and
	may cause odd behavior (like dropping back to the Login screen).

	I don't know the details of other ("foreign") CD ROM drives, so I
	can't promise what will happen.  You could try it, tho.

>Jerry Levan

Regards,

Justin

Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large   *
A/UX Group                              |  When meetings are outlawed,
Apple Computer, Inc.                    |    Only outlaws will have meetings
10440 Bubb Rd,                          |
--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large   (justin at apple.com) *