Emacs 18.55 or 18.54 w/ A/UX 2.0

Mike Shaff shaff at elements.rpal.com
Wed Aug 8 03:15:35 AEST 1990

ciao,

I have a strange situation with the Gnu Emacs (18.55 obtained from Apple Fed.
Systems Group).  I am using with A/UX 2.0.  If I try to suspend the Emacs (via
^z or ^x ^z) the terminal input and echo ceases to work.  This is when I am
running Emacs from a command shell window NOT as a seperate X process.  Now the
same is true with 18.54 (obtained from apple.com).  I remember when Apple used
to ship Gnu Emacs with A/UX and that version allowed suspension with no
hassles.  The job and terminal session seem to be running, but in some wedged
state.  Oh, I am running this from the console with the 32 bit finder.

Any thoughts?
--
	mas