Man pages?

Mike Shaff shaff at elements.rpal.com
Tue Aug 21 08:37:25 AEST 1990

ciao,

Sometime back I posted a message regarding the updating of the database file
/usr/lib/whatis.  Not one answer (though there were several people who wanted
the information to be passed their way if I got any pointers).  Is there really
no one out there who has successfully gotten the whatis database to include new
man pages?

Further, I have come to a realization that I can not find any documentation on
adding man pages with regards to compaction, etc.  (No, we have not gotten our
stand-alone documents yet, so I can not read the manual)

Surely, someone must have some ideas out there?

--
	mas

Major said, "Why don't we give him
Rope enough to hang himself?
No need to worry the jury
They'll probably take care of themselves"