CMS drives and AUX 2.0

Steve Baumgarten baumgart at esquire.dpw.com
Fri Aug 3 09:33:22 AEST 1990

In article <1144 at fang.dsto.oz>, grc at itd (Greg Chase) writes:
>Can anybody help with partitioning a CMS 100 Meg or 170 Meg drive to work
>with AUX 2.0.
>(The drive is working under Mac OS)
>Apple's HDSETUP won't recongnize the drive. The CMS utilities won't create
>partitions. Setting up the drive from within AUX appear's to create an
>invalid partition record.
>
>Thanks , GRC at itd.dsto.oz.au

SilverLining is great for making AU/X partitions, and it should have
no problem working with your drive.  The only downside is that it can
only be gotten directly from LaCie, and it costs $99.  Otherwise it's
a great and useful program -- it even supports resizable partitions,
and it comes with a DA to mount partitions at any time (if they're not
set to automount on bootup).

--
   Steve Baumgarten             | "New York... when civilization falls apart,
   Davis Polk & Wardwell        |  remember, we were way ahead of you."