Turning on lp

Jerry LeVan MATLEVAN at EKU.BITNET
Fri Aug 31 13:05:00 AEST 1990

Maybe I figured out how to turn on the lp service for an
appletalk connected laserwriter.
        1) Do a RM_PR <name> to remove the current printer
        2) Do a ADD_AT <name> to turn on the lp service via appletalk
        3) Do LPDEST=<name>;export LPDEST this will allow enscript
           to spool to the printer.
I am giving up for the night.

Jerry
| Jerry LeVan                           | Phone:(606)-622-1931              |
| Department of Computer Science        |                                   |
| Eastern Kentucky University           | Email:matlevan at eku.bitnet         |
| Richmond Ky 40475                     |                                   |
|      "The series converges so slowly that it actually diverges."          |