Anonymous FTP

Darryl E. Marsee demarsee at gamera.acs.syr.EDU
Wed Aug 15 03:47:35 AEST 1990

Another question.

I'm trying to set up anonymous FTP under A/UX 2.0, and I've followed
the description under the ftpd manpage, but I still can't get it to
work correctly.  I can connect and login via anonymous FTP to my
machine, but when I do an ls, I get nothing.  I can retrieve the
files that I know are there, but it just seems that ls does nothing.
If I do an su to superuser and cd to ~ftp, and then issue a bin/ls
to see if indeed the ls in the ~ftp/bin directory is working, I get
the directory listing I expect.  Is there some privilege not mentioned
under the ftpd manpage that I need to change?  For the most part,
everything is 555, with the exception of bin/ls and bin/sh (111),
and etc/group and etc/passwd (444).

Any suggestions?
--

Regards,