Syquest 44MB and A/UX

James Paul jamespa at csuf3b.CSUFresno.EDU
Fri Feb 9 19:15:24 AEST 1990

In article <863 at amc-vlsi.UUCP> ryan at amc-vlsi.UUCP (Ryan Jorgenson) writes:

>Can somebody clue me in on how to format a SyQuest 44MB
>removable for use under A/UX?  When I try dp(1), all I get is:
>Disk write c3d0s31 Error: More data than SCSI device request
>ed
>generic disk c3d0s31 Retry limit: Logical block 0, physical
>block 0

Ryan-
I've used Silver Lining 5.16 to format Syquest cartridges for A/UX.
I think it is provided with Cirrus brand Syquest drives, but it is
available as a separate product. It can format a variety of drives,
and includes some other functions. I've heard that Microtech provides
a formatter for A/UX with their Syquest drives, but I've never seen it.

BTW, Silver lining supports the different types of A/UX formatting as well.

Good luck.