Coexistence of MacOS/AUX, etc.

urlichs at smurf.ira.uka.de urlichs at smurf.ira.uka.de
Thu Feb 8 11:24:05 AEST 1990

In comp.unix.aux davide at cs.qmc.ac.uk (David Edmondson) writes:
< In article <38317 at apple.Apple.COM> chuq at Apple.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) writes:
< >With A/UX 1.1.1, localtalk support is standard for printing. For A/UX 1.1,
< >the Appletalk for A/UX 2.0 package can be bought to supply the connection.
< >TCP/IP is standard in A/UX.
<
< According to my sources AppleTalk was unbundled from  A/UX 1.1.1
< and is available as Apple part no. 690-5392-A.
<
< What is A/UX 2.0?

a) The next A/UX release, based on Sys5r4, which should be available ... ahem
   hard question. Don't think anyone knows that.
b) The 2.0 refers to AppleTalk 2.0, available for A/UX, and not to AppleTalk,
   available to A/UX 2.0.

Disclaimer: I don't know myself if a) or b) is correct.

--
Matthias Urlichs