uugetty for A/UX?

mike at shogun.us.cc.umich.edu mike at shogun.us.cc.umich.edu
Thu Feb 8 02:39:12 AEST 1990

I have an A/UX system with a single modem attached.  I'd like to use
this modem for incoming login and outgoing uucp.  The book, Managing
UUCP and Usenet, gives two suggestions.  One, you can set up multiple
run levels, like 2 for incoming and 3 for outgoing.  Then you establish
a schedule and have cron automatically change run levels for you.  This
works okay but it also seems to start extra crons and lpscheds on me.
It also says that with BNU (what's BNU?) there's a program called "uugetty"
which allows the port to be bi-directional without shutting off the uugetty.

Well, this sounds great.  Is there a public domain version of this?  I
found a program called uuty on comp.sources.unix which does most of
this but it does do speed switching like the normal getty does.  I'm
new to Unix and don't know enough to enhance this uutty to provide this
speed switching.  Any help is always appreciated.
                                                                 Michael Nowak
                                       University of Michigan Computing Center
                       USMail:  611 Church St., 2nd floor Ann Arbor, MI  48104
		  EMail:  mike at us.cc.umich.edu -or- mike_nowak at um.cc.umich.edu