Help!! I can't get X up under A/UX 1.1

Bruce Kilgore bkilgore at nmsu.edu
Wed Feb 28 06:04:55 AEST 1990

Hello Netters

	I have some problems trying to get X11R4 up under A/UX. I am
running  gcc.1-37 from apple.com running on a MacIIcx with A/UX 1.1.

	I applied Clay Bond's fixes and did a make on the world with NO errors.
I setup a logical link to /etc/bsdinstall and installed X with NO
errors.  The only problem is the server won't come up!  I can't get
into X11.  I tried xinit (no dice), xdm then xterm (and get the error
"Can't Open display").

	Can anyone give any words of wisdom on how to resolve this?

Thank-you

bkilgore at nmsu.edu
William Bruce Kilgore             "... and thank-you for you support"
Computing Research Lab                 too much TV as a child
New Mexico State University            Ok, Ok, when I was younger....
Las Cruces, NM