gcc

William Roberts liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Sat Feb 3 09:11:49 AEST 1990

In article <BKILGORE.90Jan29095108 at illyria.nmsu.edu> bkilgore at nmsu.edu (Bruce Kilgore) writes:
>Has anyone ran across "Unreasonalbe include nesting" when compiling
>gcc.  If so how can I resolve this problem ?

Sorry people, this isn't shrink wrap stuff so expect to do some
of your own problem solving.

In this case, it is just a matter of using your existing tools
properly. Try setting the CFLAGS to -E on a copy of the cc
command that the gcc makefile was executing when this fault
arose. What -E does is arrange just to run the preprocessor;
this leaves handy remarks about include files in the file, so
it should soon become obvious where your (infinite) include
nesting is taking place.

For my money your tm.h file includes itself, but I haven't yet
laid hands on a copy of the gcc source with any AUX specific
stuff so I don't speak from specific experience here.

William Roberts                 ARPA: liam at cs.qmw.ac.uk
Queen Mary & Westfield College  UUCP: liam at qmw-cs.UUCP
Mile End Road                   AppleLink: UK0087
LONDON, E1 4NS, UK              Tel:  01-975 5250 (Fax: 01-980 6533)