EMAC FS150 Drive

Ronnie Killough ronniek at photon.tamu.edu
Wed Feb 21 01:39:08 AEST 1990

We have an Everex (EMAC) FS150  150MB  hard drive hooked to
a Mac IIci running A/UX 1.1.1.  I'm trying to partition the
drive and create A/UX file systems on it.  I tried partitioning
it using the EMAC utility disk, which worked, but A/UX didn't
recognize the partitions.  Then I used the dp command to partition
the disk, and that seemed to work, too.  But when I tried to mkfs
the partitions, I got errors such as More data than requested by
SCSI device: block xxxxxx.  The mkfs completed anyway, and I
mounted the partitions, but when I try to write to the partitions,
I get the same SCSI errors.  Incidentally, when I formatted the
drive, I used an interleave factor of 1:1.  The manual recommended
this for Mac II (didn't mention IIci), but when I ran format, it
gave a recommended default of 0:1.  This didn't make sense to me,
so I set it to 1:1.

Any ideas?  I called Everex, but seems they're celebrating Washington's
Birthday.  I appreciate any help.

Thanks alot!