SyQuest under A/UX

Ryan Jorgenson ryan at amc-vlsi.UUCP
Fri Feb 9 03:03:36 AEST 1990

For all those that are interested, the SyQuest drive CAN be made to
function under A/UX. I recalled a posting by Tony Cooper
(tony at popserver.stanford.edu), in which he mentioned the problem
was in the error page set up by the formatting software.  To get around
this, he wrote a utility to fix the error page on each cartridge.

It works like a charm, and can be retrieved from the LISTSERVer at
ricevm1.rice.edu, for those of you who DONT have access to anonomous
ftp. (to get more info, send a message with the single line in the body:

$MACARCH HELP

to LISTSERV at ricevm1.rice.edu

It apparently duplicates the sumex archives at stanford (available by
anon FTP).

If you're really stuck and can't get it from these sources, Tony will
send it to you (I got it from him before I learned about the LISTSERVER),
or I will send you a copy.

Thanks again to Tony for a copy of the utility, and to those of you who
brought the LISTSERVER to my attention.

			--Ryan