Howard Simonson howards at yeti.wpd.sgi.com
Sat Feb 3 09:55:26 AEST 1990

Advance apology for any re-hashing, I just started reading this group.

So, does anyone know if there is some magic one has to perform to load
up AUX 1.1.1 from CDROM using the Apple supplied floppy disk set
(floppy boot-n-root) 'cause I have had no success.  It typically gets
as far as bringing up a console screen with the apple in the middle
but then just hangs.

Configuration is: IIcx/Supermac Spectrum II/19" Grey Scale

Does this stuff only work on an "Official Apple monitor" combo?

Any help would be appreciated.  Also, has anyone out there written
a utility in MacOS similar to the Apple Tape Backup software that lets
you see (and possibly copy/backup) A/UX partitions?  I could sorely
use it.  I have a Mass-Micro DataPak and it would make a great backup
unit.  (It would make an even better removable filesystem vehicle if
Mass-Micro would get off their duff and write a driver!)
Ancient Proverb: A person with one watch knows what time it is;
		 a person with two watches is never sure.

Modern Translation: They build clocks into every piece of consumer
		    electronics just to keep us totally confused.
howards at ssd.sgi.com
[ The disclaimer for this message may be found in a previous article ]