Printing mac documents on a Unix network printer.

Fisher scfisher at dtoa1.dt.navy.mil
Sat May 26 02:14:37 AEST 1990

I am trying to set up our Mac A/UX (1.1.1) so that I can print postscript
files (from Word, etc) on a printer hanging off of another unix box.  I
have tried using macps, but with no luck - printer just sits there and
flashes, without anything coming out.

My setup

1) Mac IIci with A/UX 1.1.1

2) Silicon Graphics Iris (SYSV), with a QMS-PS 810 Turbo laserprinter.

I have tried running macps on the Mac, and sending it to the printer,
and I have tried shipping the files to the Iris, running macps on the
Iris, and then to the printer.  I can send normal postscript files
directly from the Mac to the printer ok, but the ones that have to be
massauged (to include the header stuff) don't work.

Any suggestions?  Any ideas?   Thanks!

steve
scfisher at dtoa1.dt.navy.mil