Mac OS Viruses under A/UX 2.0

Mat Davis davism at creatures.cs.vt.edu
Thu May 31 04:46:01 AEST 1990

In article <26640B70.A8A at intercon.com> amanda at mermaid.intercon.com (Amanda Walker) writes:
>In article <402 at creatures.cs.vt.edu>, davism at creatures.cs.vt.edu (Mat Davis)
>writes:
>> As a last resort, we *could* create a new, clean system folder each time the
>> 'guest' user logs in, but that will slow the login process considerably.
>
>You could do it when the previous person logs off, which would move the time
>consumed to the relatively "invisible" period between users...

The problem with cleaning out /users/guest when someone logs off is that
people occasionally forget to copy files to diskette before logging out.
By only deleting the files when 'guest' logs in, an operator can log in and
save files if someone realizes that they have just logged out without saving
them.